Clean Fuels Ohio is hiring a talented, energetic self-starter and team member to serve as the Outreach and Organizing Manager of our Drive Electric Ohio (DEO) program.
The goal of DEO is to increase adoption of electric vehicles (EVs) throughout Ohio. Our strategy involves developing and supporting affiliated, locally-based EV education and advocacy groups throughout Ohio and working with them to conduct consumer education activities, encourage development of EV charging, and address local and state policy.
The strategy also includes engaging community partners to focus on equity issues at the center of environmental justice and growing the diversity of EV advocacy group members and inclusivity of audiences reached. This position will also work with wider stakeholders such as auto dealerships, utilities, utility regulators, and government leaders on EV-related policy and market issues.
We’re looking for candidates with experience in grassroots organizing, wide and ever-growing networks, and who know how to engage with people from all walks of life to center diverse voices.
• Support and strengthen seven existing local Drive Electric chapters through diverse member
recruitment, support chapter leadership development, support small meeting and larger-scale
event planning focused on inclusive audiences, engage chapter support for advocacy and more;
• Identify and reach out to other grassroots organizations to support Drive Electric chapters
• Train and mobilize Drive Electric chapters to engage community partners in support of EV and
EV charging deployment and equity outcomes related to EV access
• Engage auto dealerships in support for Drive Electric chapter activities;
• Facilitate relationships between auto dealerships and Drive Electric chapters;
• Track and report on program activities and maintain program database;
• Prepare agendas, PowerPoints, and other materials for meetings with outside partners;
• Perform additional activities as needed to support the DEO program and Clean Fuels Ohio as a